What is the vision of grace church?
We believe the Good News of Jesus Christ calls us to Love God and to Serve People.
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, our goal is to seek the lost and to make disciples.
WORSHIP - The Psalmist writes, "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD" - Psalm 134:2. We surrender our lives to Him as we gather to worship.
SUNDAY SCHOOL & SMALL GROUPS - We were designed to be in community with each other. Groups are life giving as nobody should have to go on the journey of life alone.
STUDENT MINISTRIES - We are an inter-generational church that offers encouragement and instruction to our youth and families.
SERVICE & MISSION - Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we are called to be active participants in God's Kingdom here on Earth.
the Church of the Nazarene
Organized in 1908, the denomination is home to about 2.3 million members worshiping in more than 29,000 local congregations in 159 world areas. The Church of the Nazarene is the largest denomination in the classical Wesleyan-Holiness tradition.
The Church of the Nazarene emerged out of the Methodist tradition.
From its earliest beginnings, on the streets of skid row in Los Angeles, the Church has been passionate about serving the marginalized and pursuing a call to Biblical holiness.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." - Matthew 25:40
"But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.” - 1 Peter 1:15-16
- The church of the Nazarene is a global church. Nazarenes are passionate about making a difference in the world by taking the Good News of Jesus Christ to people everywhere. Today there are approximately 700 missionaries and volunteers serving around the world.
- Nazarenes worship in more than 212 languages or tribal languages, with literature produced in 90 of these. The church operates 33 medical clinics and hospitals worldwide. This mission is made possible by the contributions of the global Nazarene family.
- Nazarenes engage in starting new churches and congregations. We pray, give, and financially supporting a network of worldwide volunteers and contracted missionaries.
- Nazarenes across the globe live a life of compassion every day. Local churches work to clothe, shelter, feed, heal, educate, and live in solidarity with those who suffer under oppression, injustice, violence, poverty, hunger, and disease. Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM), an outflow of the Church of the Nazarene, helps to mobilize local congregations to live out Christ’s call to care for those considered the “least of these." NCM supports local church efforts to provide tangible expressions of Christ’s compassion through church-led community development and emergency relief efforts. As local churches both proclaim and demonstrate the gospel of Christ, lives are transformed through Him.
- Nazarenes offer their time and talents and volunteer with Work & Witness and Mission teams. The goal of work and witness teams is to build churches, schools, and clinics while sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Nazarenes invest and believe in the benefits of higher education. Education has been a central part of the Church of the Nazarene’s commitment to discipleship making. Today, Nazarenes are blessed with the resources and responsibility of a network of 53 colleges, universities, and seminaries, which provide education to 53,000 students in more than 120 world areas.
For more on the Church of the Nazarene denomination click here.
The church of the Nazarene also affirms the Apostles' Creed:
We believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell.
On the third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen